[arin-discuss] ARIN spammed us with "talk to the hand" ?

Jo Rhett jrhett at svcolo.com
Mon Mar 2 17:32:03 EST 2009

On Feb 27, 2009, at 8:23 AM, Heather Schiller wrote:
> I think what ARIN is trying to say is, we don't have control over
> those
> networks, you have to work with the folks directly.  Remember that
> ARIN
> makes no guarantee about the routability of a netblock, and can't
> force

I don't have a problem with this statement on its face.  I never
expected ARIN to be responsible for this.

I have a problem with receiving a message to every single POC contact
*EXCEPT* the administrative POC that ARIN is *SUPPOSED* to use for
communications about our account, saying "no news here, just move
along".

This message did not need to be sent.  If a message did need to be
sent, provide some useful content.  AND send the message to the
appropriate POC contact.  Not the NOC role account, not the Abuse role
account, etc.

--
Jo Rhett
senior geek