route filtering policies (from "split b" thread)

Hostmaster, Verant hostmaster at verant.com
Mon Jun 5 16:03:08 EDT 2000

Thanks for the URL... hm.. /20 and shorter only in 64/8?  That's a bit
strict, no?  We have different networks off our 64.34.128/18 block, which we
would like to announce in /21 and /22 blocks.  There's a good chance we
won't aggregate, since the networks might each have OC3 or OC12 links to the
Internet, but in some places as slow as T1 between the two networks, and I
wouldn't want to backhaul accross the T1.

Who should I contact at Verio to discuss losening the filtering policy?
Also, is there a Verio looking glass, so that I can test whether my routes
are visible?  If you'd like to test, try 64.37.160.1 - it's pingable, and
announced on 64.37.160.0/24.  For a longer prefix, pls try 64.37.128.5,
announced on 64.37.128.0/20

----
Dani Roisman
Sony Online Entertainment