[ARIN-consult] What do the ASN fees go to?

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Mon May 10 15:31:58 EDT 2021

On Mon, May 10, 2021 at 12:11 PM Steve Noble <snoble at sonn.com> wrote:

> Per the latest 990N available (2018) 18% (4MM) of the money went to
> executives.  ARIN is a non-profit.  John's compensation is the highest
> (obviously).

Hi Steve,

I have no philosophical problem with paying ARIN's executive team
bucketloads of money. If they do a good job on the tasks we've set them,
they're worth it. However, executive compensation is an overhead cost and I
do have a problem when non-profit executives fail to keep their
organizations' overhead costs (as a percentage of mission services) under
good control. I think you made a fair point about the cost of services
related to an AS number registration versus the fee charged and I'd like to
see it addressed.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--