Feedback on 2019.01 - Deleting Aged Report Request Tickets

Steve Hellriegel steveh at net253.net
Thu Jul 4 15:17:42 EDT 2019

TLDR; I now support the proposal as written.

Details:

The wording of the announcement misled me to believe _all_ tickets were going
to be given the 90 day treatment.

It is unreasonable to assume ARIN will provide unlimited storage for user's
report generation habits. Retention of a report is the responsibility of the
requester.

The existing ticket solution is a good way to "catch and hold the data" until
the requestor comes back to pick up the report that was generated.

Yes, it is a separate use case from "Ticket Logs" for service requests, but it
is a good reuse of the underlaying infrastructure and shows economy by ARIN's
staff.

I went through the actual workflow for all four report types to support my
feedback.

-Steve