[ARIN-consult] Consultation on the Proposed 2018 Fee Schedule Change is Now Closed

Steve Noble snoble at sonn.com
Tue Jun 26 02:27:23 EDT 2018

Hi John,

I attempted to determine from the discussion on arin-consult at arin.net where
you gleaned this information. If you can point out the messages/threads
that support your statement, I would be appreciative.

It is easy to see that there were discussions about overspending, staff
that was supposed to be temporary and excessive engineering costs. But I
don't see anywhere that a consensus was reached that the only issue was the
LRSA.

Past the LRSA issue, I did not see a consensus that putting the fees on
your small customers was acceptable. In fact, I see the opposite.

As for approval, I am interested to know who voted for this and what their
reasoning was. It would also be good to know if the issues stated above
were brought to the board and proper discussions were had so that the board
members could understand the ramifications of their decision.

You raised the fees by 50% and as you have a locked in customer base, there
must have been very good reasons why none of the other options were taken.