[ARIN-consult] [ARIN-Suggestions] Responses issued on five recent ACSP Suggestions

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Tue Aug 14 05:58:13 EDT 2018

On 12 Aug 2018, at 3:26 PM, David Farmer <farmer at umn.edu<mailto:farmer at umn.edu>> wrote:

I enthusiastically support the Routing POC concept, however, I have a couple question regarding the Routing POC, noting that it is also included in the IRR roadmap.

https://www.arin.net/vault/resources/routing/2018_roadmap.html

The report says, "This [Routing] POC will be restricted to only add/modify/delete routing related data."

I would like to clarify if this is intended to include only IRR routing data or will RPKI access also be included for Routing POCs as suggest in ACSP Suggestion 2018.15?

Furthermore, I note that "Origin AS" is effectively routing data as well. So will the Routing POC also be able to add/modify/delete this field as well?

I very much appreciate ARIN Staff making IRR roadmap report available, and I'm excited to have ARIN begin delivering on the plan as soon as possible.

David -

With regards to your two questions above, what is your preference – would you prefer that the Routing POC to be able to modify RPKI and Origin AS data as well (or not) and why is that your preference?

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO