[ARIN-consult] [ARIN-Suggestions] Responses issued on five recent ACSP Suggestions

David Farmer farmer at umn.edu
Sun Aug 12 15:26:19 EDT 2018

On Fri, Aug 10, 2018 at 12:27 PM, ARIN <info at arin.net> wrote:

> We have issued our initial responses to suggestions 2018.13, 2018.14,
> 2018.15, 2018.16, and 2018.17. All remain open, and the suggestion title,
> url, and the complete text of each response can be found below.
>
> Regards,
>
> Communications and Member Services
> American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)

> 3. ACSP Suggestion 2018.15: Add "Routing" and "DNS" Points of Contact
>
> https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/suggestions/2018-15.html
>
> Thank you for your suggestion, numbered 2018.15 upon confirmed receipt,
> requesting ARIN add two new Point of Contact types – Routing and DNS.
>
> This suggestion is well timed with the start of ARIN’s new Internet
> Routing Registry (IRR) development. We agree with your suggestion to
> include a new “Routing” point of contact type and have also received
> suggestions from customers over recent years through customer service
> interactions that we also add a “DNS” point of contact type. These new
> additions will be included in our IRR-related development work that runs
> this year through the first quarters of 2019.

I enthusiastically support the Routing POC concept, however, I have a
couple question regarding the Routing POC, noting that it is also included
in the IRR roadmap.

https://www.arin.net/vault/resources/routing/2018_roadmap.html

The report says, "This [Routing] POC will be restricted to only
add/modify/delete routing related data."

I would like to clarify if this is intended to include only IRR routing
data or will RPKI access also be included for Routing POCs as suggest in
ACSP Suggestion 2018.15?

Furthermore, I note that "Origin AS" is effectively routing data as well.
So will the Routing POC also be able to add/modify/delete this field as
well?

I very much appreciate ARIN Staff making IRR roadmap report available, and
I'm excited to have ARIN begin delivering on the plan as soon as possible.

Thanks

David Farmer               Email:farmer at umn.edu
Networking & Telecommunication Services
Office of Information Technology
University of Minnesota
2218 University Ave SE        Phone: 612-626-0815
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029   Cell: 612-812-9952