[ARIN-consult] Community Consultation on CKN23-ARIN Now Open

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Thu Mar 30 12:00:35 EDT 2017

On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 10:53 AM, John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:

> Does this answer your question, or did I miss it?

Thanks John,

You answered part of it: as long as the POCs have been maintained with
reachable email, phone and postal addresses, all is well.

What happens if the POC falls out of date and line 5b (or 4b as it was on
some versions) on the original registration was essentially a fictitious
name which served as an alias for the individual making the registration?
Cases where the 5b name does not and never did exist as an independent
legal entity? Or as Steven described, a like-named organization exists
today but did not then and has no connection to the number resource?

In those situations, how does ARIN go about making the determination that
the guy presenting himself is the guy who registered the resources, is in
actual fact the registrant and has the authority to make updates?

I'm old enough to remember the first O'Reilly Crab Book whose advice was,
"The application for an IP network address has been covered in detail
because everyone should fill out this form, whether or not they are
connecting to the Internet." It was good advice at the time.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

William Herrin ................ herrin at dirtside.com  bill at herrin.us
Dirtside Systems ......... Web: <http://www.dirtside.com/>