[ARIN-consult] Community Consultation on CKN23-ARIN Now Open

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Tue Mar 28 20:35:50 EDT 2017

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 8:04 PM, Steve Noble <snoble at sonn.com> wrote:

> I think it is logical to lock ones where the original domain does not
> exist or was registered after the object. Then I understand a more
> extensive vetting process.

Hi Steve,

I concur with one tweak: where the original domain name does not exist or
was registered after the -last user-initiated update to- the handle.

That could be hard, though. The last updates flagged on my org and net
records look more or less legit but the last update flagged on my ARIN
handle (which contains the email address) does not correspond to any
activity I initiated. If there's data damage then ARIN can't reliably
anchor business processes to it.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

William Herrin ................ herrin at dirtside.com  bill at herrin.us