[ARIN-consult] Community Consultation on CKN23-ARIN Now Open

Steve Noble snoble at sonn.com
Tue Mar 28 20:04:16 EDT 2017

Hi John,

On Mar 28, 2017 3:22 PM, "John Curran" <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:

Steve -

    If we do not lock the resources but do add the old network Admin/Tech
contact info to
    the organization record, then a very large number of these blocks have
the potential to
    be readily hijacked – one simply would have to register the domain name
and setup
    email for any defunct organization, and you could readily transfer the
addresses
    (despite having no association whatsoever with the original registrant…)

    Some in the community would view that consequence as an unacceptable
tradeoff –
    what is your thoughts on it?

I think it is logical to lock ones where the original domain does not exist
or was registered after the object. Then I understand a more extensive
vetting process.

My issue is with cases like mine where everything was in order.