[ARIN-consult] Community Consultation on CKN23-ARIN Now Open

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Tue Mar 28 18:22:02 EDT 2017

On 28 Mar 2017, at 11:24 AM, Steve Noble <snoble at sonn.com> wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> Having been bit by this and ending up in a multi-year mess to get control of an AS that was clearly mine, while still getting billed for it, I am concerned about the vetting process. My experience with the vetting process was very uncomfortable and is something that I do not believe anyone should have to go through.
>
> My suggestion is to remove the incorrect information such as CKN23-ARIN from the objects and return them to their proper state. This will give those in control of the object the ability to update information such as the physical address.

Steve -

    If we do not lock the resources but do add the old network Admin/Tech contact info to
    the organization record, then a very large number of these blocks have the potential to
    be readily hijacked – one simply would have to register the domain name and setup
    email for any defunct organization, and you could readily transfer the addresses
    (despite having no association whatsoever with the original registrant…)

    Some in the community would view that consequence as an unacceptable tradeoff –
    what is your thoughts on it?

Thanks,
/John

John Curran