[ARIN-consult] Consultation on Transfer Fees Now Open

Paul Andersen paul at egate.net
Tue Sep 6 21:24:15 EDT 2016

David,

The motivation here was not about increasing our overall revenues but
rather dealing with what was seen as an area where a non-negligible
number of requests were not being covered by a transaction fee or a
subscription plan. Having requests abandoned has obviously been
something that has occurred regularly on all types of requests through
ARIN history. The relatively small number of those abandoned requests
made status quo acceptable; however, in this case the view was the
number of abandoned requests combined with a non-negligible amount of
work being done per request could not be ignored.

The overall fees are something I believe the Board is committed to
continuing to review periodically and where it deems necessary adjust to
provide for an equitable, cost-recovery process,

With that in mind thank you to all who have commented and I hope
continue to comment to provide the Board with valuable community
feedback. It is very helpful in our decision process.

Cheers,

Paul

---
Paul Andersen