[ARIN-consult] [arin-announce] Fee Schedule Change Consultation

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Mon Nov 5 10:20:52 EST 2012

On Nov 5, 2012, at 10:10 AM, Brian Johnson <bjohnson at drtel.com>
 wrote:

> I have 2 questions that may be illustrative:
>
> 1. If I have IPv4 space and a single ASN and request IPv6 space under the current fee structure and the request doesn't change my RSSP size category, will I be charged any more than I am currently?
>

> 2. Per question 1... Will this change under the new fee structure?

If IPv6 block requested does not change your size category, then your
annual RSSP fee will not change, either presently or under the proposed
schedule.

> Keep in mind, I know there are more situations, but let me be clear by example:
>
> An organization has 1 ASN, a single IPv4 /21 and is requesting an IPv6 /48 for their use. Under the current fee structure, I believe the bill would be the X-Small fee ($1250). Is this correct?

Correct.

> Under the new structure, the same situation would have the XX-Small fee ($500). Is this correct?

If the IPv4 block was /22, then it would be XX-Small ($500).  Since it is /21,
the right category is X-Small (i.e. "Larger than /22, up to and including /20"),
and the revised fee is $1000/annual.

Note that the IPv6 block could be "Larger than /48, up to and including /36" and
the organization would still stay in the X-Small category under the new proposed
fee/category schedule.

FYI,
/John

John Curran