transfer policy

jredisch jredisch at virtela.com
Wed May 17 02:03:25 EDT 2000

All,
	 The problem I see is that entities with no history are running through a
transfer process that needs to be tightened overall.  This will have a cost
impact in time and resources on both the 'customers' of ARIN and on ARIN
resources.  I would much rather see the ARIN resources dedicated to
preventing actions being taken by groups that may never deal with ARIN again
vs. entities that I trust.  I am defining 'trust' as someone who will have
to come back in the next few months anyway.  This can be documented and
built into a policy.  We have different fees and policies for ISP's vs. end
users anyway so I do not think this change is any more unequal.  It is based
on the fact that while all people who deal with ARIN have similar needs in
that they require IP addresses, there are in fact a very diverse group of
entities in the memebrship.  It is fair to treat the organizations
differently time wise as long as they all have to meet the same criteria in
the end in my opinion.

-Jason