transfer policy

Scott Marcus smarcus at genuity.com
Tue May 16 11:33:04 EDT 2000

At 11:14 05/16/2000 -0400, Kim Hubbard wrote:
>Jason,
>
>While I understand your reasoning below, I am concerned that we will give
>the perception of not treating organizations equally.  Do you think it's
>fair to have one set of rules for those orgs that ARIN knows and a different
>set for those we don't?
>
>Kim

Jason, this is an interesting idea, but the more I read this thread, the
less convinced I am that the potential benefits warrant the cost and hassle.

It seems to me that defining rigorous criteria for who falls within the
scope of this carve-out and who does not might be complex.  And having been
through some merger and acquisition situations myself, it also seems to me
that the level of effort in transferring address space is in a comparative
sense an inconsequential speck in an ocean of paperwork.  I'm not persuaded
that this proposal saves anybody enough work to be worth the added complexity.

Anyway, that's my two cents.

Cheers,
- Scott