[dbwg] WHOIS Modification Part 2 of 2

Mark Kosters markk at verisignlabs.com
Wed Nov 20 20:28:55 EST 2002

I like this enhancement since it will reduce the query load on ARIN's
whois servers. From what I understand, a number of companies scrape  ARIN
whois information for various purposes. With the new format, these
particular companies have to query whois twice - once for the org
that holds the ip address and one more time to retrieve the organizational
postal info. With the enhancement, these people can just run one
query.

BTW, I personally like format #4 the best (with the comments label repeated
for completeness sake).

Mark

--

Mark Kosters             markk at netsol.com       Verisign Applied Research