[ARIN-Suggestions] Response to Suggestion 2013.20: AUTO-FILL BILLING CONTACT DATA

ARIN info at arin.net
Tue Mar 25 15:14:17 EDT 2014

ARIN has issued its initial response to ACSP Suggestion 2013.20. The
suggestion and response text are provided below. This suggestion is now
closed and is available at:

https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/suggestions/2013-20.html

Regards,

Communications and Member Services

****
Suggestion: *

When paying an invoice through ARIN-online, I should not have to
re-enter my billing information. There should be a check-box to populate
that data from my billing contact record.

*Response:*

We are going to close Suggestion 2013.20: Auto-Fill Billing Contact Data
per staff analysis and discussion with you.

For clarity to the community, it turns out that there are minimal
matches between the billing contact information and the payment (credit
card) information. This suggestion was intended to further reduce entry
of payment information and was predicated on the assumption that there
was a high correlation between the billing contact information and
payment information.

Staff analysis revealed two items. First, there was a very low
correlation between the billing contact and payment information. Second,
pre-populating the payment information with billing contact information
would increase credit card rejections as payor would largely accept, and
not correct, the payment information so that it accurately matched their
payment (credit card) information.

Based on additional community feedback, ARIN staff has significantly
reduced the required payment information to streamline the payment
process. As a result much of the payment information has been removed
and remaining text clarified. These changes will be released 5 April 2014.

Thank you for the suggestion which is now closed.