[ARIN-Suggestions] Response to Suggestion 2013.29 - IMPROVE ARIN ONLINE FORM TIME-OUT BEHAVIOR

ARIN info at arin.net
Mon Nov 18 14:06:54 EST 2013

ARIN has issued its initial response to ACSP Suggestion 2013.29. The
suggestion and response text are provided below. This suggestion remains
open and is available at:

https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/suggestions/2013-29.html

Regards,

Communications and Member Services

****
Suggestion: *

Bug Report: Timed-out ticket forms are not graceful.

To reproduce:

1. Log into ARIN Online
2. Track Tickets
3. Select an open ticket and bring up its details.
4. Walk away from the browser long enough for the session to time out.
5. Come back, the ticket is still on the screen and no asynchronous
notification of the session timeout is presented.
6. Not realizing that the session has timed out, enter comments for the
ticket into the text box and press submit.

Expected result: A) The comments are accepted and then I am logged out
of the ticket system for inactivity, or, B) the comments are buffered
and I must log into ARIN online again to validate their submission

Actual result: I am dumped back to the logged-out state, all of my text
is lost, and I have to log in, find the ticket, and retype my comments
from scratch.

*Response:*

Thank you for your suggestion, which was numbered 2013.29 upon receipt.
This suggestion - specifically the behavior described in result A, is
reasonable and we plan on adding it to the list of outstanding projects
awaiting prioritization found at: https://www.arin.net/features/#tbd.

Please note that we will be consulting the ARIN community to help access
prioritization of improvements of existing systems, as well as
additional services that the community desires. This will be fed back
into ARIN's planning process for scheduling development resources to
complete the suggestion.

ARIN will keep this suggestion open until it is completed.