[ARIN-Suggestions] Response to Suggestion 2013.21 - Expanded and Detailed List of Engineering Projects

ARIN info at arin.net
Fri Nov 8 14:20:41 EST 2013

ARIN has issued its initial response to ACSP Suggestion 2013.21. The
suggestion and response text are provided below. This suggestion is now
closed and is available at:

https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/suggestions/2013-21.html

Regards,

Communications and Member Services

****
Suggestion: *

ARIN should publish online, a list of all engineering projects. Items
should be ranked according to prioritization, along with their estimated
cost, expected implementation date and any other milestones/status.
Items that have not yet been prioritized should be displayed at the
bottom of the list with an annotation that it has been accepted but not
scheduled.

There is no public place where the community can see what features ARIN
engineering is working on and when to expect them. There are many items
in the ARIN suggestion box that have been in approved and prioritized
but remain in limbo for several years. There is a public list of items
that have not yet been prioritized (https://www.arin.net/features/#tbd)
Some of these items have been in unprioritized state for over a year.
ARIN probably has their own internal list of features beyond those
requested by the community. The community should be able to see the full
slate of features being worked and hold ARIN accountable to quarterly or
semi-annual deliverables.

This table will be updated quarterly, or more frequently if updates are
available. All unreasonable / unfeasible requests will recorded, and a
detailed explanation of why they are unreasonable and/or unfeasible will
be published.

*Response:*

Thanks for your suggestion, numbered 2013.21 upon receipt, regarding
ARIN engineering project information. Based on your suggestion and
related dialogue at the ARIN meeting in Phoenix, we will be implementing
some changes to how we communicate project status.

On the https://www.arin.net/features/ webpage, specifically for any
prioritized project yet implemented, we will indicate the anticipated
completion quarter based on the annual ARIN operating plan as approved
by the ARIN Board. Additionally, ARIN will provide public updates on any
projects if the completion schedule appears to be in jeopardy.

We will implement these change following Board approval of the 2014-2015
Strategic Plan, budget, and operating plan. This suggestion is now closed.