[arin-discuss] IPv6 Hurdles

Keith W. Hare Keith at jcc.com
Fri May 1 15:45:57 EDT 2009

A feature is anything the vendor thinks differentiates a product from the competition such that customers are more likely to purchase that product.

IPv4 support no longer differentiates a product so there is no point in mentioning it. IPv6 support should differentiate products for another couple of years. When IPv6 support becomes as common as IPv4 support is today, there no longer will be any point in mentioning IPv6 support.

Keith