[arin-discuss] No quorum in last election

Dean Anderson dean at av8.com
Mon Feb 4 21:54:18 EST 2008

On Mon, 4 Feb 2008, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

> >By the way, which attorney made these claims?
> >

> He might well ask you the same ting.

First, I when do my own research, I say so and cite my sources.  When I
post my attorney's opinion, I say so. Mr. Curran said his (ARIN's)
attorney issued an opinion; I have a right to that attorney's name.
Denying that information is mere intransigence which unnecessarilly
increases my expenses--I have to pay my attorney to get the name before
we can ask questions of that attorney about his opinion.

Second, I think a conference with that attorney would wrap this up in
about 5 minutes.

Third, as I pointed out in
http://lists.arin.net/pipermail/arin-discuss/2008-January/000728.html
Attorneys have more obligations in their opinions.

> This is getting to the hugely amusing part.  Dean's (allegedly)
> paying an attorney to verify his assertions.  However, Dean's also
> paying dues to ARIN which pay for ARIN's attorney to respond to
> Dean's attorney.  Thus, Dean is in effect paying 2 attorneys
> to argue with each other.

Well, actually, sometimes they have paid my legal fees.  I was paid
~$14,000 once when an admin made misrepresentations to me and increased
my legal expenses unnecessarilly.  When someone acts unreasonably and
causes you to expend money unnecessarilly, that money is recoverable.

> Man, why was I so dumb as to go into networks?  I could have
> been a lawyer and got guarenteed income for life.

I agree. Attorneys are definitely the smart ones.

		--Dean

617 344 9000