[arin-discuss] No quorum in last election

jlewis at atlantic.net jlewis at atlantic.net
Fri Feb 1 19:16:09 EST 2008

On Fri, 1 Feb 2008, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

> And, furthermore your entirely ignoring that the majority of business
> failures simply don't end up in bankruptcy.  Most simply close their doors,
> pay off their creditors, and the owners disappear into the night never to
> be heard from again.  If they haven't contacted ARIN and left a forwarding
> address, or informed ARIN they are dissolving the organization, then
> they are still going to be listed as a member.

Does ARIN consider non-paying members (especially members with multi-year
past due balances) as members?  I would guess that most companies that "go
under" don't continue to pay their yearly dues.

I think it's reasonable to suggest that non-paying members not be counted
at least in matters of voting (they should have no vote) or in calculating
quorum...since they have no vote.

It should be trivial to do a "who's paid up, who's past due >X months?"
weedout.  It can probably even be done for any date in the past with just
a bit of work.