Comments on Name Based Virtualk Hosting Policy Recommendation

Hyunseog Ryu HRyu at norlight.com
Wed May 9 18:07:44 EDT 2001

Sorry, guys.
I broke my word that I will not post today again. :-)

For Steve's statement, I think this change will be somewhat better.

for further review of this policy. -> only for informational and further
study purpose of future better practice.

How's that?

Hyun

Hyunseog Ryu / CCDA, MCSE
Network Engineer/Applications Engineering
Norlight Telecommunications, Inc.
The Guardians of Data
275 North Corporate Drive
Brookfield, WI 53045-5818
Tel. +1.262.792.7965
Fax. +1.262.792.7733

                    steve
                    <steve at host-a        To:     <vwp at arin.net>
                    ll.com>              cc:     (bcc: Hyunseog Ryu/Brookfield/Norlight)
                    Sent by:             Fax to:
                    owner-vwp at ari        Subject:     Re: Comments on Name Based Virtualk Hosting Policy
                    n.net                Recommendation

                    05/09/2001
                    03:57 PM

> If you have specific and succinct language which you think modifies the
> policy to reflect this information...well, please offer it as that's what
> this forum is trying to achieve....

The policy as suggested...
           When an ISP submits a request for IP address space to be used
           for IP-based web hosting, they will supply technical
           justification for this practice. ARIN will collect this data for
           review of the policy in light of operational experience.....

Possible policy:
           When an ISP submits a request for IP address space to be used
           for IP-based web hosting to their upstream provider, they will
supply
           technical justification for this practice. The upstream provider
will use
           existing procedures to determine allocations. ARIN will collect
the
           justification forms for further review of this policy.

Something simple that tries to explain to upstreams not to change their
existing policies..

Steve Conzett
Host-All.Com