IP-Hosting Policy Specifics

JIM FLEMING jfleming at anet.com
Thu May 3 12:59:15 EDT 2001

ARIN is only one of many companies that are in the address registry
business.
Here are the first 64 blocks out of 256 (not all can be used).

http://www.isi.edu/in-notes/iana/assignments/ipv4-address-space
000/8  IANA - Reserved    Sep 81
001/8  IANA - Reserved    Sep 81
002/8  IANA - Reserved    Sep 81
003/8  General Electric Company  May 94
004/8  Bolt Beranek and Newman Inc.  Dec 92
005/8  IANA - Reserved    Jul 95
006/8  Army Information Systems Center  Feb 94
007/8  IANA - Reserved    Apr 95
008/8  Bolt Beranek and Newman Inc.  Dec 92
009/8  IBM     Aug 92
010/8  IANA - Private Use   Jun 95
011/8  DoD Intel Information Systems  May 93
012/8  AT&T Bell Laboratories   Jun 95
013/8  Xerox Corporation   Sep 91
014/8  IANA - Public Data Network  Jun 91
015/8  Hewlett-Packard Company   Jul 94
016/8  Digital Equipment Corporation  Nov 94
017/8  Apple Computer Inc.   Jul 92
018/8  MIT     Jan 94
019/8  Ford Motor Company   May 95
020/8  Computer Sciences Corporation  Oct 94
021/8  DDN-RVN     Jul 91
022/8  Defense Information Systems Agency May 93
023/8  IANA - Reserved    Jul 95
024/8  IANA - Cable Block   Jul 95
025/8  Royal Signals and Radar Establishment Jan 95
026/8  Defense Information Systems Agency May 95
027/8  IANA - Reserved    Apr 95
028/8  DSI-North    Jul 92
029/8  Defense Information Systems Agency Jul 91
030/8  Defense Information Systems Agency Jul 91
031/8  IANA - Reserved    Apr 99
032/8  Norsk Informasjonsteknologi  Jun 94
033/8  DLA Systems Automation Center  Jan 91
034/8  Halliburton Company   Mar 93
035/8  MERIT Computer Network   Apr 94
036/8  IANA - Reserved    Jul 00
                (Formerly Stanford University)          Apr 93
037/8  IANA - Reserved    Apr 95
038/8  Performance Systems International Sep 94
039/8  IANA - Reserved    Apr 95
040/8  Eli Lily and Company   Jun 94
041/8  IANA - Reserved    May 95
042/8  IANA - Reserved    Jul 95
043/8  Japan Inet    Jan 91
044/8  Amateur Radio Digital Communications Jul 92
045/8  Interop Show Network   Jan 95
046/8  Bolt Beranek and Newman Inc.  Dec 92
047/8  Bell-Northern Research   Jan 91
048/8  Prudential Securities Inc.  May 95
049/8  Joint Technical Command   May 94
  Returned to IANA   Mar 98
050/8  Joint Technical Command   May 94
  Returned to IANA   Mar 98
051/8  Deparment of Social Security of UK Aug 94
052/8  E.I. duPont de Nemours and Co., Inc. Dec 91
053/8  Cap Debis CCS    Oct 93
054/8  Merck and Co., Inc.   Mar 92
055/8  Boeing Computer Services  Apr 95
056/8  U.S. Postal Service   Jun 94
057/8  SITA     May 95
058/8  IANA - Reserved    Sep 81
059/8  IANA - Reserved    Sep 81
060/8  IANA - Reserved    Sep 81
061/8  APNIC - Pacific Rim   Apr 97
062/8  RIPE NCC - Europe   Apr 97
063/8  ARIN     Apr 97

@@@@@@@@@

Maybe people should focus on obtaining allocations from other companies ?

Also, for IPv8, the address space is allocated (for management) to the TLD
managers.

Jim Fleming
http://www.unir.com
Mars 128n 128e