Exchange point requests for IPv6 address space

Richard Jimmerson richardj at arin.net
Thu May 10 05:13:40 EDT 2001

Hello Mark,

> would it be premature to debate this since one has
> not put any stake in the ground on what goes to the left of
> the /48 wrt IANA, RIR's and LIR's/ISP's? Does it matter?

As discussed at the RIPE meeting, if it is true not more
than a /127 is needed to connect two peers at an exchange
point, there should not be a need to consider an allocation
larger than a /64 or /48 for exchange points.

We do plan to soon begin a discussion on this mailing list
about what goes to the left of the /48.

-Richard