ARIN IPv6 Policy

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Mon Mar 12 14:03:37 EST 2001

>>> 	that the IAB/IESG recommendations be adopted.
>> there are no iab/iesg recommendations.
> draft-iesg-ipv6-addressing-recommendations-00.txt

you may actually wish to READ the document you're referencing.  from the
first page:

   Internet-Drafts are draft documents valid for a maximum of six months
   and may be updated, replaced, or obsoleted by other documents at any
   time.  It is inappropriate to use Internet- Drafts as reference
   material or to cite them other than as "work in progress."

the iesg and the v6 directorate are discussing the v6 addressing issues,
both within the ietf and with responsible folk at the rirs, and we hope
to have a more clear and broader agreement in time for the arin meeting.

in the meantime, is there a precis somewhere of the verbal position you
are reported to have taken at the last arin meeting?  it is said that you
personally spoke quite vociferously against the draft, and we might like
to see if the ongoing work addresses your issues.

randy