ARIN IPv6 Policy

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Mon Mar 12 12:54:01 EST 2001

you seem to be missing a basic simple fact.  the draft, which is a draft,
not guidelines, discusses how an lir allocates to an end site/user, not how
an rir, i.e. arin, apnic, ripe, allocate to an lir.  so statements such as

> 	To the best of my knowledge, ARIN is. But not according to
> 	the IAB/IESG guidelines. With the adoption of the IAB/IESG
> 	guidelines, ARIN will be aligned with the other registries.
> 	RIPE & APNIC are delegating according to IAB/IESG guidelines.

are misleading at best.

> 	And the discussion on the v6wg list supports a consensus opinion

please point to that discussion.  i am a member of that list.  my memory
is that there was ZERO discussion, ZERO.

> 	that the IAB/IESG recommendations be adopted.

there are no iab/iesg recommendations.  there is an internet draft.  you may
wish to read rfc 2026 regarding the applicability of internet drafts.

randy