ARIN's IPv6 allocation policy

JIM FLEMING jfleming at anet.com
Wed Mar 7 13:08:01 EST 2001

IPv8 and IPv16 place the persistent address in the right-most bits.
The site-id, based on IPv4, goes in the left-most bits.

It appears as though ARIN has decided to go with the IPv6 approach
of putting people's personal serial numbers in the right-most bits.

Jim Fleming
http://www.unir.com
Mars 128n 128e
http://www.unir.com/images/architech.gif