FWD: RIPE-196 (IPv6 policy document) analysis and proposed changes

Thomas Narten narten at raleigh.ibm.com
Sun Apr 1 19:10:54 EDT 2001

This document is well worth a look.

Thomas

------- Forwarded Message

From: Niall Richard Murphy <niallm-ripe at enigma.ie>
To: ipv6-wg at ripe.net
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 20:45:31 +0100
Subject: RIPE-196 (IPv6 policy document) analysis and proposed changes

Folks,

At RIPE 38 there was a significant amount of discussion and several presentations
in the IPv6 WG about the current IPv6 allocation policy document, RIPE 196.
On foot of that a small task force got together to try and put their thoughts
into a better form. Now we are announcing the results, viewable at:

http://www.enigma.ie/articles/global-ipv6-alteration.html

We hope that this document will help to provoke discussion about current IPv6
policies, and perhaps even act as a catalyst for their modification :-)
I'd like to thank all who participated for their hard work.

Niall

--
Enigma Consulting Limited: Security, UNIX and telecommunications consultants.
Address: Floor 2, 45 Dawson Street, Dublin 2, Ireland.

------- End of Forwarded Message