[Services-wg] ARIN Services WG - CKN23 materials for your consideration

David R Huberman daveid at panix.com
Tue Jun 14 05:18:24 EDT 2016

Hello,

>From the document, the problem statement appears to be that CKN23-ARIN is
worrisome to staff because:

1) The resources are targets for hijacking;
2) Erodes community confidence in Whois accuracy; and
3) Unhappy POCs from pre-1998 who haven't updated records.

I'll be blunt and say 2) and 3) prompt no sympathy from me, and are not
valid problems, in my opinion.

hijack targets, mapped to routed vs. unrouted at the time of hijacking,
would be a good next step.  This work ensures the problem statement is
valid, and that CKN23-ARIN is the impetus for picking the block, and not
just simply a lack of a route announcement in a typical DFZ.

David