RTMA Working Group Meeting

Cathy Wittbrodt cjw at remarque.org
Wed Feb 28 12:45:13 EST 2001

Lee,

We're going to have a similar panel at the ARIN meeting.  I
am getting the impression that it may be best suited for the
rtma session

Thanks!
---CJ
    From: Lee Howard <lhoward at UU.NET>
    Subject: Re: RTMA Working Group Meeting
    It might be appropriate to discuss the four-part "Imminent death of the
    Internet predicted" presentation from NANOG, in which the rise in
    number of routes is expected to outstrip the available memory/processing
    power at some indeterminate future point.  RTMA discussion should focus
    on ways ARIN could help ameliorate the situation, rather than strictly
    operational possibilities which would better fit under NANOG.

    The presentation I'm talking about was "Global Routing System Scaling
    Issues" which was a panel moderated by Cathy Wittbrodt.  Summary and
    slides available at http://www.nanog.org/mtg-0102/witt.html

    Or we can talk about the issues here.

    Lee