RTMA Working Group Meeting

Lee Howard lhoward at uu.net
Wed Feb 28 10:19:55 EST 2001

It might be appropriate to discuss the four-part "Imminent death of the
Internet predicted" presentation from NANOG, in which the rise in
number of routes is expected to outstrip the available memory/processing
power at some indeterminate future point.  RTMA discussion should focus
on ways ARIN could help ameliorate the situation, rather than strictly
operational possibilities which would better fit under NANOG.

The presentation I'm talking about was "Global Routing System Scaling
Issues" which was a panel moderated by Cathy Wittbrodt.  Summary and
slides available at http://www.nanog.org/mtg-0102/witt.html

Or we can talk about the issues here.

Lee