IP Space

Herpin, David P. DHerpin at c3com.com
Wed Oct 18 12:29:14 EDT 2000

FYI.  I asked ARIN about their policy and how they were handling the many
providers who have SSL websites, and their reply along with my question to
them is included below.  This should address your concern about "restricting
the NEW Economy's development" below.

Here is the verbage of this web page:
http://www.arin.net/announcements/webhosting.html

Name-based Web Hosting Policy Suspended
ARIN's name-based web hosting policy that was enacted on 7 July, 2000, has
been suspended. The policy was discussed at the open public policy meeting
at ARIN VI in Herndon, VA, and included the comments made on ARIN's public
mailing lists in the months leading up to the meeting. As a result of these
discussions, ARIN's Board of Trustees suspended the policy pending further
review by a committee.

A mailing list has been established for this committee and it will be
moderated by ARIN's advisory council. The committee list is open to all
interested parties. Those interested in subscribing to this mailing list and
participating in the committee's activities may do so by subscribing to the
Virtual Web Hosting mailing list ( vwp-request at arin.net ). See
http://www.arin.net/members/mailing.htm for more information.