IP Space

AveHost.com Staff info at avehost.com
Wed Oct 18 02:01:15 EDT 2000

As a followup, I know why you say "my enterprise-level
clients, SSL can be configured just fine to handle multiple sites on a
single IP" because they are using multiple sites to access one website with
the SSL, that's the only way to do SSL with one IP in IIS (that I know of
and no-one has been able to tell me differently, even Microsoft experts I
have hired for that sole purpose).  Thus, for an enterprise, this setup
works fine, after all, its the same company's store they are selling from.
But when you look at the architecture of a web hosting company's shared NY
or Win2k server, and most other hosting shared servers if not all other
shared server OS's, that scenario is not acceptable.  I can't have customer
A share a store with customer B but that is the only way to do it in IIS.

Thus, again, thank you for slowing the growth of the New Economy, ARIN.  I
consider the Americans that agreed to this policy traitors to their country!

AveHost.com Staff
AveHost.com, a service of RegSearch International
201-840-7311