ARIN is not/is too/is not/is too... blah.

Alan Barrett apb at IAFRICA.COM
Sat Mar 29 12:41:30 EST 1997

> I've been looking at getting a fixed IP address. Every ISP that I've
> talked to that offers this that is a local call only offers a full
> class C address block -- a full 256 addresses.

They should be allocating /28, /29, /30 and /32 blocks where appropriate.
If they are allocating /24s where /29s would be appropriate, and if they
are not lying on their application forms, then they are likely to find it
difficult to get more address space from their regional registry.

--apb (Alan Barrett)