RE $50 Million NSF windfall??

John Curran jcurran at BBNPLANET.COM
Wed Mar 12 17:42:33 EST 1997

At 16:59 3/12/97, Jim Fleming wrote:

>Has it occurred to you that the NSF may have to
>reclaim rights because of the massive revenue
>stream that apparently is NOT being generated...?

Given that paying for DNS names is a relatively
new concept, I can understand the desire to be
somewhat cautious before dropping registrations
for lack of payment (I'd certainly be concerned
if the long-term intention was to have only a
50% payment rate, but that's unlikely to be the
situation).

/John

p.s.  My third post of the day; everyone enjoy
      the peace (till tomorrow :-)