Threats of Censorship?

Tom Glover tomg at BOILED.EGG.COM
Wed Mar 5 22:11:18 EST 1997

Thanks. I needed those  procmail rules.

What is being forgotten here is this. I'll use an analogy so even Jim can
understand. If there is a list to discuss Chevy engines then those people
who insist on posting questions about Ford engines (or wheat farming in
the Ukraine) can expect to be asked to cease and desist. In fact if they
persist in posting off topic they should expect that their names be
removed from the list membership. Jim Fleming has posted so much off topic
stuff that he has long been relegated to my procmail kill file. In Jim's
case I don't find a "curfew with shoot to kill order" an unacceptable
solution :) Seriously, there is no talk of censorship but simply a request
that all posts made are relevant to the specific purpose of the list.

On Wed, 5 Mar 1997, Michael Shields wrote:

> > (Do you support President Sali Berisha in Tirana's reforms?  They are 1)
> > curfew with 'shoot to kill' orders (elminate all non-governmental ideas) on
> > anyone congregating in groups greater than four, 3) censorship or
> > "filtering" of the press.
>
> Before the metadiscussion devolves completely, let me post some new,
> stronger procmail rules I've been using:
>
> :0:
> * ^From: .*JimFleming at unety\.net
> $JUNK
> # and replies!  Sheesh.
> :0:
> $JUNK
> :0:
> * ^TOJimFleming at unety\.net
> $JUNK
>
> These have been very effective.  In fact they toss away almost all the
> traffic on naipr.  I don't know why I bother to subscribe.
> --
> Shields, CrossLink.

Tom
 |   "The Egg Domain"    |       "And all you touch and all you see,      |
 |    tomg at egg.com       |          is all your life will ever be."       |
 | http://www.egg.com/   |                               (Pink Floyd)     |