Budget Breakdown??

Michael Dillon michael at MEMRA.COM
Tue Mar 4 20:22:21 EST 1997

On Tue, 4 Mar 1997, Alan Bechtold wrote:

> >> But can't we have a hint whether you will buy or lease the black helicopters?
> >
> >I've been informed by reliable sources that the black helicopters will
> >be rented but other essential equipment such as dark sunglasses will
> >be purchased. Leasing is only being considered for non-essential items
> >like computer equipment.
> >
> >;-) ;-)
>
> So -- let me get this straight. Asking a lot of questions -- some of them
> hard, some of them repeptitive, some of them off-topic -- is not acceptible
> for this list, but belittling the person who asks is?

Cracking jokes is not neccessarily belittling people.

Perhaps not everybody on this list recalls, but two separate members of
the Board of Trustees have said that they will not post preliminary
budgets to this list because, in the past, preliminary information has
been subject to a stream of attacks and has not led to constructive
discussion.

You may not like this, but there is nothing wrong with them taking this
approach considering that they are all unpaid volunteers who are donating
their time and other resources to this initiative. If they feel better
about working out all the budget details and having a bulletproof
justification for each line item before releasing them, then that's OK.
I can see no valid criticism of this choice.

I don't neccessarily LIKE this choice but that is my personal feeling and
not a specific criticism of the BoT.

However, I'm sure that if anyone has suggestions for the budget or
suggestions for the bylaw structure of ARIN, it is still worthwhile
posting these to the list where the BoT and other interested people
can comment.

Memra Software Inc.              -                  Fax: +1-250-546-3049