Budget Breakdown??

Howard C. Berkowitz hcb at clark.net
Tue Mar 4 19:15:47 EST 1997

At 10:24 PM +0000 3/4/97, Alan Bechtold wrote:

>>> But can't we have a hint whether you will buy or lease the black
>>>helicopters?
>>
>>I've been informed by reliable sources that the black helicopters will
>>be rented but other essential equipment such as dark sunglasses will
>>be purchased. Leasing is only being considered for non-essential items
>>like computer equipment.
>>
>>;-) ;-)
>
>So -- let me get this straight. Asking a lot of questions -- some of them
>hard, some of them repeptitive, some of them off-topic -- is not acceptible
>for this list, but belittling the person who asks is?
>
>Just trying to get myself educated as to the proper way to conduct myself on
>this "open forum."
>
>--- ALAN

Alan,

Precisely who do you think is being belittled here?  I made a humorous
comment on a serious issue, the budget, in the intent of relieving a bit of
tension.  The budget certainly is on-topic; I would like to see it, but the
people preparing it don't have it ready yet.  An in-context bit of levity
is part of any business negiotiation.

Kim and others replied in what I consider a consistent spirit.

If your reference is to large numbers of questions that stay repetitive, I
would only hope that there is as much humor as there is repetition and
conspiracy theories.

Howard

Howard