ARIN List Topics

Jim Fleming JimFleming at unety.net
Sat Mar 1 17:12:23 EST 1997

Folks, evidently some ISPs think that the ARIN
list is a place where people come to obtain IP allocations
and to discuss allocations to other people. They also
evidently think it is some sort of brokerage operation.

Since ARIN has not been formed I can not imagine that
this list is for the above purpose. I suggest that people
read the ARIN web site at http://www.arin.net to get
a better feel for the topics that matter here.

I do think that having open forums and discussions
would be good in the IP allocation registry industry.
That might be a topic that people want to discuss.
(i.e. the pros and cons of OPEN allocation auctions)

Again, please do not confuse allocation with routing.
Many companies have been allocated huge blocks
of IP addresses and they have never routed much
of the space.

MA	8.0.0.0	Bolt Beranek and Newman Inc. (NET-BBN-NET-TEMP)
NY	9.0.0.0	IBM Corporation (NET-IBM)
CA	10.0.0.0	IANA (RESERVED-6)
CA	11.0.0.0	DoD Intel Information Systems (NET-DODIIS)
FL	12.0.0.0	AT&T ITS (NET-ATT)
CA	13.0.0.0	Xerox Palo Alto Research Center (NET-XEROX-NET)
CA	14.0.0.0	Public Data Network (NET-PDN)
CA	15.0.0.0	Hewlett-Packard Company (NET-HP-INTERNET)
CA	16.0.0.0	Digital Equipment Corporation (NET-DEC-INTERNET)
CA	17.0.0.0	Apple Computer, Inc. (NET-APPLE-WWNET)
MA	18.0.0.0	Massachusetts Institute of Technology (NET-MIT-TEMP)
MI	19.0.0.0	Ford Motor Company (NET-FINET)
VA	20.0.0.0	Computer Sciences Corporation (NET-CSC)
VA	21.0.0.0	DDN-RVN (NET-DDN-RVN)
DC	22.0.0.0	Defense Information Systems Agency (NET-DISNET)
CA	23.0.0.0	IANA (NET-DDN-TC-NET)
CA	24.0.0.0	@Home Network (NETBLK-ATHOME)	ATHOME  24.0.0.0 - 24.3.255.0

P.S. As far as I knwow these companies do not lease
any of this space to anyone as a commercial registry
activity without also providing service. In the future,
service may not have as much value as just the lease
fees. Other companies can provide the service.

--
Jim Fleming
Unir Corporation

e-mail: