past vs future use

Gordon Cook cook at NETAXS.COM
Mon Jun 30 13:17:34 EDT 1997

Larry, I have spent most of the last five days looking at these same
issues.  I see some procedural issues that might be made a little clearer.
I see continuing need for the institutionalization of IANA
authority....ASAP.  What I have *not seen* is any shread of evidence of
effort on the part of the big guys to shut the little guys out.  I believe
you are drawing conclusions from the evidence that after, further probing,
turn out to be unjustified.

I do not think you have been irreparably harmed by the refusal of a 19/.
I also do not think that if you come back a year from now there will be
any reason why you should not have been able to show enough growth to get
a 19/.  I also think that as soon as ARIN is up and running....with
members and its own policies, that the allocation policies will likely
change in such a way that you will be able to get a 19/.

my advice is to work on building your network and give these processes
more time to work.

Gordon 'not-a-doormat-of-the-bigboys' Cook

The COOK Report on Internet               For subsc. pricing & more than
431 Greenway Ave, Ewing, NJ 08618 USA     ten megabytes of free material
(609) 882-2572 (phone & fax)              visit   http://cookreport.com/
Internet: cook at cookreport.com             On line speech of critics under
attack by Ewing NJ School Board, go to http://cookreport.com/sboard.shtml