ARIN /8s ?

Randy Bush randy at PSG.COM
Sun Jun 29 23:50:00 EDT 1997

> I suggest that ARIN say (as I believe it does) that addresses assignements
> may be changed, and even withdrawn.  In addition, ARIN should say that
> such assignments won't be withdrawn or changed without N months prior
> notice and that once an assignment is made, it won't be withdrawn or
> changed except after a minimum of one year.  And ARIN should require that
> these provisions be imposed as part of any sub-delegation/assignment.

Thank you for a constructive suggestion.   Do you have wording you would
suggest be at the bottom of an application for allocation that would make
this clear?

What about the criteria which might cause withdrawal or change?  These would
seem to need spelling out to make the game 'fair' and not have surprises.

> That's pretty close to the way most real property leases work, and no one
> who receives a delegation could realistically (I hope) complain that such
> terms are too onerous.

Uh, given the current weak renumbering technology, getting space and losing
it a year or so later would seem onerous if one had not done something to
'deserve' it.

randy