past vs future use

Jeff Williams jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com
Sat Jun 28 11:08:56 EDT 1997

Jon,

Jon Lewis wrote:

> On Sat, 28 Jun 1997, Jeff Williams wrote:
>
> >   Good point here.  What is the amount of these fees, and are there
> > any qualifications?  Is this posted?  If so Where?  ARIN's site maybe?
> > I will check.  Please advise if you know the answers to any of these
> > questions.
>
> http://www.arin.net/arin_proposal.html

  Thanks for the pointer!

> > allocations.  There is a reb here that I think Jon was trying to get
> > to.  That being that if you have already paid for allocations, it would
> > seem that there could be a vested intrest in how policy is set by those
> > whom have paid for allocations.  The "Money where your mouth is" sort of
>
> Actually, its more like "mouth where your money is".  If my company has to
> pay for an allocation, I think I should have some input into the shaping
> of ARIN policy.

  LOL!  Good point!  and gramaticaly correct as well or should I say
"MORE TO THE POINT"?  I agree, that if you or anyone is paying for an
allocation, there should be some ability to have a voice in the policy
as well.

> > thing.  Maybe it would be of intrest to charge an additional nominal fee
> > for those who have allocations for the membership in addition to
> > their allocation fees as an option?
>
> I suppose that would be better than no change at all.  Deep discounts in
> ARIN membership fees for anyone who has paid for an allocation.

  Right!  It was just a suggestion.  What are others feelings on this
idea?

>  Jon Lewis <jlewis at fdt.net>  |  Unsolicited commercial e-mail will
>  Network Administrator       |  be proof-read for $199/message.
>  Florida Digital Turnpike    |
> ________Finger jlewis at inorganic5.fdt.net for PGP public key_______

Jeffrey A. Williams
DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java Development Eng.
Information Eng. Group. IEG. INC.
Phone :913-294-2375 (v-office)
E-Mail jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com