past vs future use

Jeff Williams jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com
Sat Jun 28 10:59:03 EDT 1997

Jon,

Jon Lewis wrote:

> On Sat, 28 Jun 1997, Jeff Williams wrote:
>
> >   I have to agree with Jon's assesment here.  It would seeme exactly
> > so that if an ISP is multihomed and completley using at least a
>
> Unfortunately, if you read a little more carefully (I missed it when
> skimming the rfc before, but Mr. Cook pointed it out) section 3 doesn't
> seem to apply to ISPs at all.  We get shafted in section 2.  Section 3 is
> for large organizations not giving IP's out to others...not a fitting
> description of most ISPs.

  Yes i read MR Cooks reply to your post after reading yours.  But I
still
in part agree with your assesment, and find section 3 a bit ambigous.  I
shall
have to reread section 2 again.  BUt it seems that size should have no
barring
in HOW allocations are made.  WHAT allocations are made I would agree
with MR Cooks evaluation.  But yours still has merit.  Maybe this should
be revised?

>  Jon Lewis <jlewis at fdt.net>  |  Unsolicited commercial e-mail will
>  Network Administrator       |  be proof-read for $199/message.
>  Florida Digital Turnpike    |
> ________Finger jlewis at inorganic5.fdt.net for PGP public key_______

Jeffrey A. Williams
DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java Development Eng.
Information Eng. Group. IEG. INC.
Phone :913-294-2375 (v-office)
E-Mail jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com