past vs future use

Kim Hubbard kimh at internic.net
Sat Jun 28 17:02:53 EDT 1997

Jeff,

The section of the RFC you are quoting is for end-user assignments, not
ISP allocations.  ISPs requesting address space from the InterNIC must
show they've efficiently utilized a /19 already in order to justify receiving
a /19 or shorter prefix which is the longest prefix that is currently
globally routable.

One of the first things we would like to accomplish with ARIN is to update
the allocation policies in coordination with its members.  If you have any
suggestions please send them to the pagan mailing list...pagan at apnic.net.

Kim