oops! previous assignment history

Justin W. Newton justin at priori.net
Fri Jun 27 02:01:01 EDT 1997

At 06:38 PM 6/26/97 -0400, Gordon Cook wrote:
>looks like I missed  section 3.3 previous assignment history
>
>The rfc says:  To promote increased usage of address space, the registries
>will
>   require an accounting of address space previously assigned to the
>   enterprise, if any.
>
>Cook:  i do detect some ambiguity here. assigned by the upstream provider
>or assigned directly by internic?

Either, or both, depending on your circumstances.  I.e. either one is fine,
unless you received assignments from both, in which case both will be taken
into account.

Justin W. Newton                  voice: +1-415-482-2840
Senior Network Architect            fax: +1-415-482-2844
PRIORI NETWORKS, INC.              http://www.priori.net
Director At Large, ISP/C           http://www.ispc.org
"The People You Know.  The People You Trust."