The latest

Gordon Cook cook at NETAXS.COM
Wed Jun 25 13:04:45 EDT 1997

Jeff Williams takes issue as to whether DNS and IP are related.  Yes of
course they are related..... Note that I used the word DIRECTLY to qualify
my statement that ARIN did not have a helluva a lot to do with DNS......

BUT WHAT IS THIS DISCUSSION ABOUT ANYWAY THEN???  WHATS THE POINT????

WILL THE DNS issues change one iota because of ARIN's formation?
ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!

The major linkage between the two sets of issues is that if we screw up IP
numbers and IANA, you can forget DNS because in such a case the internet
will no longer function.

The COOK Report on Internet               For subsc. pricing & more than
431 Greenway Ave, Ewing, NJ 08618 USA     ten megabytes of free material
(609) 882-2572 (phone & fax)              visit   http://cookreport.com/
Internet: cook at cookreport.com             On line speech of critics under
attack by Ewing NJ School Board, go to http://cookreport.com/sboard.shtml