[Fwd: Ripe and APNIC Rescue IANA - a quick heads up]

Valdis.Kletnieks at VT.EDU Valdis.Kletnieks at VT.EDU
Tue Jun 3 15:13:15 EDT 1997

On Tue, 03 Jun 1997 11:26:05 PDT, "E. Bryan Hoover" said:
>         Why do you not answer the question?

Because Mr Fleming has been a participant in it all along, and *should*
know the answer to his question, since he's posted quite enough about
his own question in the past.

>         Or direct the person specifically to the answer in the proper
> archieve or FAQ?

If you had asked the same question, I would have pointed you to chapter
and verse.

>         I represent an end user U.S. corporation which uses class C blocks
> and I should not have to care to much about this.

That is correct.  You buy connectivity from your ISP, and *THEY* have
to worry about it.

>         However the defensive (and sarcastic )  tone of those defending the
> new proposed organization - and the apparent attempt to obscure the impact
> of the fee structure and control of this new organization concerns me.

I wasn't defending the fee structure.  If you search through the archives,
I posted quite a bit asking why the fee structure was the way it was.

>         I hope I find my impressions are wrong.

They are.  Perusal of the archives will show that there has been two basically
disjoint threads on this list.. one about ARIN itself, and one about
everything else.  Unfortunately, it may be difficult for newcomers to
tell which is which.
--
				Valdis Kletnieks
				Computer Systems Senior Engineer