Rebuttal to Mr. Weisberg's insinuations Re: Important News from Don Telage about ARIN

Larry Vaden vaden at texoma.net
Fri Jul 18 00:35:55 EDT 1997

At 12:36 PM 7/18/97 +0900, David R. Conrad wrote:
>Eric,
>
>>I want to be subject to a REPRESENTATIVE system.  And, I suggest that it
>>should be created in a democratic process--a vote of the governed or of
>>some broadly representative group.
>
>Again, I ask: within the context of IP address allocation, what
>exactly do you mean by "a democratic process"?  Please be specific.

Main Entry: dem·o·crat·ic
Pronunciation: "de-m&-'kra-tik
Function: adjective
Date: 1602
1 : of, relating to, or favoring democracy
2 often capitalized : of or relating to one of the two major political
parties in the U.S. evolving in the early 19th century from the
anti-federalists and the Democratic-Republican party and associated in
modern times with policies of broad social reform and internationalism
3 : relating to, appealing to, or available to the broad masses of the
people <democratic art>
4 : favoring social equality : not snobbish