a 2nd potential solution

Larry Vaden vaden at texoma.net
Wed Jul 16 22:01:09 EDT 1997

At 04:35 PM 7/16/97 -0700, Tony Li wrote:

>   >One should then complain about the behavior of ARIN, in much the same way
>   >that one would complain about the behavior of a governmental department.
>
>   That didn't work with NSI. An unaccountable monopoly is a bad thing.
>
>First of all, NSI is hardly an unaccountable monopoly.  It has some
>supervision and it certainly has customers.  Those who object to the way
>that NSI was and is run have not yet made a reasonable and effective case
>against the status quo.  Note that 'yelling louder' or' repeating yourself
yet
>again' or 'not listening to others' or 'arguing with me' are neither
>reasonable nor effective.

One thing that bothers me about the current environment is the continued
reference to various people as "clueless".  Yet, I read (if memory serves
correctly) that NSI/InterNIC has billed only 50% of the domains and has cut
off fully paid domains (no need to read about this part, it happened to us
`[:((.

It is hard for me to imagine even a die hard old timer supporting a firm
with such a record.

Thus my suggestion that NAIR might want to use a Big 6 Accounting Firm or a
firm like EDS to do the back office functions.